Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Western Hemisphere Studies
- Added September 01, 1998
- Type: Monograph
- NATO After Enlargement: New Challenges, New Missions, New Forces. Edited by Dr. Stephen J. Blank.
- In 1999 NATO will formally admit three new members and adopt a new strategic concept. In so doing, it will take giant strides towards effecting a revolutionary transformation of European security. On the one hand, it could be said that NATO enlargement closes the immediate post-Cold War period that began with the collapse of the Berlin Wall in 1989. But on the other hand, enlargement raises a host of serious new issues for the Alliance and for U.S. policymakers that they must begin to address now.
- Added April 01, 1998
- Type: Monograph
- The Role of the Armed Forces in the Americas: Civil-Military Relations for the 21st Century. Edited by Dr. Donald E. Schulz.
- Contains papers and speeches from civil-military relations conference. Prominent civilian and military leaders discuss ways to improve working relationships between the two and how to promote greater understanding and security cooperation between the United States and Latin America.
- Added February 01, 1998
- Type: Book
- World View: The 1998 Strategic Assessment from the Strategic Studies Institute. Edited by Dr. Earl H. Tilford, Jr..
- World View presents the annual strategic assessments of the analysts at the Strategic Studies Institute. It is fifth in a series that reflects both our individual forecasts and collective review of the key security issues facing the United States. The process that produces World View also leads to our annual Research and Outreach Plan.