Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
War & Society Studies
- Added October 31, 2008
- Type: Op-Ed
- Living Perilously in a Bubble. Authored by Dr. Leonard Wong.
- Each month a member of the SSI faculty writes an editorial for our monthly newsletter. This is the Op-Ed for the November 2008 newsletter.
- Added July 16, 2008
- Type: Book
- Key Strategic Issues List, July 2008. Edited by Dr. Antulio J. Echevarria, II.
- The Key Strategic Issues List gives researchers, whether military professionals or civilian scholars, a ready reference of those issues of particular interest to the Department of the Army and the Department of Defense. Its focus is strategic, rather than operational or tactical. Every year, the KSIL helps guide research efforts to the mutual benefit of the defense community and individual researchers.
- Added May 16, 2008
- Type: Monograph
- U.S. Foreign Policy and Regime Instability. Authored by Dr. James Meernik.
- Do American military ties with other nations help prevent violence and terrorism? Or are foreign states more likely to experience domestic unrest and instability in part because of an American military presence?
- Added March 12, 2008
- Type: Colloquium Brief
- Opportunities for Engaging Minorities. Authored by Dr. Dallas D. Owens.
- A colloquium titled “Opportunities For Engaging Minority Communities in Securing Our Nation” was held on February 11, 2008, at The Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, and addressed methods for successful engagement by security and public health agencies with Latino, Muslim, and at-risk communities.