Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Sub-Saharan Africa Studies
- Added December 01, 1997
- Type: Book
- The United States and the Transformation of African Security: The African Crisis Response Initiative and Beyond. Authored by COL Daniel W. Henk, Dr. Steven Metz.
- Helping Africans develop a capability to avoid or solve their region's security problems has reemerged recently as an important goal of American strategy, and the African Crisis Response Initiative (ACRI) is its centerpiece. Based on their testimony presented to the Africa Subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives Committee on International Relations, this study by Dr. Steven Metz and Colonel Dan Henk of the U.S. Army War College examines the ACRI. Significantly, it does so by placing the ACRI in a wider, long-term strategic context.
- Added June 01, 1997
- Type: Monograph
- Military Medical Operations in Sub-Saharan Africa: THE DoD. Authored by LTC C. William Fox, Jr..
- Lieutenant Colonel C. William Fox, Jr., a physician who has had extensive experience in U.S. activities in Africa over the past two decades, has personally supervised operations that have considerable potential as models for future regional involvement. In this publication, he offers a rationale and vision for future DoD activities in Africa.
- Added January 01, 1997
- Type: Book
- World View: The 1997 Strategic Assessment from the Strategic Studies Institute. Edited by Dr. Earl H. Tilford, Jr..
- In December of each year the analysts at the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI) look to the year ahead to assess the strategic equation for their particular areas of interest. This is part of an effort to focus our priorities both corporately as well as individually.