Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: urban
- Added November 01, 2004
- Shadows of Things Past and Images of the Future: Lessons for the Insurgencies in Our Midst. Authored by Dr. Max G. Manwaring.
- The author identifies the political-strategic challenges of modern unconventional conflicts, with a focus on the political complexity of insurgency. This report comes at a time when U.S. and other world political and military leaders have been struggling with the "new" political-psychological aspects of insurgency/terrorist war.
- Added October 01, 2001
- Soldiers in Cities: Military Operations on Urban Terrain. Authored by Dr. Michael Desch.
- This is required reading for military professionals and others interested in defense policy and issues. America's own military history demonstrates the soldier's dilemma in fighting among populations. Our doctrine and cultural focus have remained preoccupied with the classic "fight in the woods" or the seizure of high ground.
- Added June 01, 2001
- Future Warfare Anthology, Revised Edition. Authored by Major General Robert H. Scales.
- Throughout U.S. history the American military services have had an unfortunate penchant for not being ready be the next war. American military institutions have been surprisingly optimistic in weighting their preparedness as they embarked on the nation's wars. Military institutions have always had considerable problems in adapting and innovating during inter-war periods.