Publications Tagged: terrorists
- Added June 01, 2004
- Female Suicide Bombers. Authored by Ms Debra D Zedalis.
- Female suicide bombers have been used in the past, but the spate of these type bombings in different venues, in different countries, and for different terrorist organizations encourages closer examination of this phenomenon. The author looks at the history, characteristics, and changes, and also provides within a strategic assessment the implications of change in future female suicide bombings.
- Added May 01, 2004
- Iraq and Vietnam: Differences, Similarities, and Insights. Authored by Dr. Jeffrey Record, Dr. W. Andrew Terrill.
- The authors conclude that the two conflicts bear little comparison. They also conclude, however, that failed U.S. state-building in Vietnam and the impact of declining domestic political support for U.S. war aims in Vietnam are issues pertinent to current U.S. policy in Iraq.
- Added April 01, 2002
- Defining and Achieving Decisive Victory. Authored by Dr. Colin S. Gray.
- The author explores the concept of victory in the war in terrorism, but he does so by placing it within the larger currents of change that are sweeping the global security environment. He contends that the time-tested idea of decisive victory is still an important one, but must be designed very carefully in this dangerous new world.