Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: sunni
- Added June 01, 2005
- Terrorist Beheadings: Cultural and Strategic Implications. Authored by Mr. Ronald H. Jones.
- The author concludes that understanding the cultural and symbolic significance of terrorist beheadings is key to defeating them. He recommends political rituals such as elections, war crimes tribunals, and shura councils as countermeasures to affirm the legitimacy and authority of the new Iraqi government.
- Added February 01, 2005
- Strategic Implications of Intercommunal Warfare in Iraq. Authored by Dr. W. Andrew Terrill.
- This study considers the regional consequences of intercommunal warfare in Iraq by examining how such an eventuality may develop and how neighboring states might become involved in such a conflict. This work does not predict an Iraqi civil war but rather views it as a worst-case eventuality. The danger of an Iraqi civil war requires serious U.S. cooperation with those regional states that also have a stake in preventing this outcome.
- Added May 01, 2004
- Iraq and Vietnam: Differences, Similarities, and Insights. Authored by Dr. Jeffrey Record, Dr. W. Andrew Terrill.
- The authors conclude that the two conflicts bear little comparison. They also conclude, however, that failed U.S. state-building in Vietnam and the impact of declining domestic political support for U.S. war aims in Vietnam are issues pertinent to current U.S. policy in Iraq.