Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: global war on terrorism
- Added September 26, 2006
- Strategic Challenges for Counterinsurgency and the Global War on Terrorism. Edited by Dr. Williamson Murray.
- This collection of essays written by students enrolled in the U.S. Army War College Advanced Strategic Art Program (ASAP) reflects the development of their strategic thought applied to a wide range of contemporary issues based in theory, doctrine, strategy and history.
- Added July 01, 2005
- Law vs. War: Competing Approaches to Fighting Terrorism. Authored by Ms. Shawn Boyne, Mr. Michael German, Dr. Paul R Pillar, Dr. Dallas D. Owens.
- The readings in this volume address one of the fundamental assumptions underlying the conduct of the War on Terrorism - the nature of our enemy, whether perpetrators of terrorist activities are criminals or soldiers (combatants).
- Added December 01, 2003
- Bounding the Global War on Terrorism. Authored by Dr. Jeffrey Record.
- The author examines three features of the war on terrorism as currently defined and conducted: (1) the administration's postulation of the terrorist threat, (2) the scope and feasibility of U.S. war aims, and (3) the war's political, fiscal, and military sustainability. He believes that the war on terrorism--as opposed to the campaign against al-Qaeda--lacks strategic clarity, embraces unrealistic objectives, and may not be sustainable over the long haul.
- Added October 01, 2002
- Dragon on Terrorism: Assessing China's Tactical Gains and Strategic Losses Post-September 11. Authored by Dr. Mohan Malik.
- The U.S. relationship with China and the global war on terrorism are the two most significant strategic challenges faced by the Bush administration. The author assesses how the war on terrorism has affected China. He concludes that the war on terrorism radically altered the Asian strategic environment in ways that negated China's foreign policy gains of the last decade.