Publications Tagged: engagement
- Added July 01, 2004
- U.S. Army War College Guide to National Security Policy and Strategy, 1st Edition. Edited by Dr. J. Boone Bartholomees, Jr.
- This book provides a basic examination of strategy and the national security policymaking environment and process. It reflects both the method and manner the U.S. Army War College uses to teach strategy formulation to America's future senior leaders.
- Added April 01, 2000
- Shaping the World through Engagement: Assessing the Department of Defense's Theater Engagement Planning Process. Authored by COL Thomas Jordan, Professor Douglas C. Lovelace, Jr., Dr. Thomas-Durell Young.
- The Department of Defense (DoD) has launched an ambitious planning initiative that could have a major impact upon how resources are allocated among the military departments and the combatant commands. This monograph addresses how well Theater Engagement Planning methodology has been designed and implemented and offers recommendations to improve the existing process.
- Added September 01, 1995
- U.S. Department of Defense Strategic Planning: The Missing Nexus. Authored by Professor Douglas C. Lovelace, Jr., Dr. Thomas-Durell Young.
- The authors define a formal strategic plan: one that contains specific strategic objectives, offers a clear and executable strategy for achieving objectives, illuminates force capability requirements, and is harmonized with the Future Years Defense Program. They conclude by examining three alternatives to improve the strategic planning processes and to facilitate efficient development of strategic plans.