Publications Tagged: cjc
- Added May 01, 2004
- The Exigencies of Global, Integrated Warfare: The Evolving Role of the CJCS and his Dedicated Staff. Authored by LTC Michael S. Bell.
- A survey of the evolving role of the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff demonstrates the relevance of the Chairman, supported by a dedicated staff, in the conduct of global, integrated operations in a long-term war.
- Added June 01, 2003
- Chairman Joint Chiefs of Staff's Leadership Using the Joint Strategic Planning System in the 1990s: Recommendations for Strategic Leaders. Authored by Dr. Richard M. Meinhart.
- The author examines how three Chairmen--Generals Powell, Shalikashvili, and Shelton--adapted and used strategic planning to provide direction and shape the military in the rapidly changing strategic environment of the 1990s. He identifies five broad recommendations relevant to future leaders on how to use a strategic planning system to transform their organizations.
- Added August 01, 1996
- Unification of the United States Armed Forces: Implementing the 1986 Department of Defense Reorganization Act. Authored by Professor Douglas C. Lovelace, Jr..
- The increased unification the Goldwater-Nichols Act was intended to bring to the Department of Defense was considered too extreme by some, but insufficient by others. Professor Douglas Lovelace assesses many of the act's major provisions.