Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: Lai
- Added August 01, 2005
- Appeasement Reconsidered: Investigating the Mythology of the 1930s. Authored by Dr. Jeffrey Record.
- Anglo-French appeasement of Hitler in the 1930s has generated a mythology that ignores much of the actual political-military situation at the time and that continues to mislead U.S. foreign policy today.
- Added May 01, 2004
- Learning from the Stones: A Go Approach to Mastering China's Strategic Concept, Shi. Authored by Dr. David Lai.
- The author introduces a new approach to learning about the different ways of strategic thinking and interaction in Chinese culture. It is through learning the Chinese board game called go,that is a living reflection of Chinese philosophy, culture, strategic thinking, warfare, military tactics, and diplomatic bargaining. The author suggests that a little knowledge of go will take U.S. leaders a long way in understanding the essence of the Chinese way of war and diplomacy.
- Added December 01, 1994
- Total Force: Federal Reserves and State National Guards. Authored by COL Charles E. Heller.
- Never before in peacetime has the United States placed so much emphasis and reliance on the Armed Forces' Reserve Components. Yet, even with the renewed emphasis on the Reserve Components' roles, their legal basis mission, mobilization training, force structure, and relationship to their respective Active Component remain relatively little understood.