Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Publications Tagged: Bosnia
- Added August 01, 2003
- War in the Balkans, 1991-2002. Authored by Dr. R. Craig Nation.
- This study is one of very few works that attempts to look at the war as a whole It emphasizes the impact of the conflict upon the entire Balkan region, the dynamics of international intervention, and the special role of the U.S. armed forces.
- Added June 01, 1996
- U.S. Participation in IFOR: A Marathon, not a Sprint. Authored by Dr. William T. Johnsen.
- This monograph examines the potential for creating suitable conditions for a lasting political settlement in Bosnia by December 1996, identifies possible outcomes of a U.S. withdrawal from IFOR, and assesses potential consequences for U.S. national objectives and interests within the Balkans, and beyond. The conclusions will not sit well with most in the United States.
- Added February 01, 1993
- Peacekeeping, Peacemaking and Peace-Enforcement: The U.S. Role in the New International Order. Authored by Dr. Donald M. Snow.
- The author examines the bases of American military participation in the array of Third World activities falling under the general rubric of peacekeeping and peace-enforcement. The author then examines the effects of these actions on the principle of sovereignty. He next turns to the emerging roles of peacekeeping and peace-enforcement and the conceptual and practical differences between them, and concludes with some cautionary lessons for the Army.