Text Browser Navigation Bar: Main Site Navigation and Search | Current Page Navigation | Current Page Content
Military Change & Transformation Studies
- Added October 29, 2008
- Type: Monograph
- Slowing Military Change. Authored by Dr. Zhivan Alach.
- The author revises, reexamines, and reevaluates the contemporary military environment. He finds that the environment is a period of relative military stasis, of slow technological development, and of little novelty in broader issues. If anything, it is a return to an older period, of the time before the Cold War, before the fear of nuclear war dominated all other thinking in the field.
- Added July 16, 2008
- Type: Book
- Key Strategic Issues List, July 2008. Edited by Dr. Antulio J. Echevarria, II.
- The Key Strategic Issues List gives researchers, whether military professionals or civilian scholars, a ready reference of those issues of particular interest to the Department of the Army and the Department of Defense. Its focus is strategic, rather than operational or tactical. Every year, the KSIL helps guide research efforts to the mutual benefit of the defense community and individual researchers.
- Added January 10, 2008
- Type: Colloquium Brief
- COIN of the Realm: U.S. Counterinsurgency Strategy. Authored by Dr. Steven Metz, Mr. Ralph Wipfli.
- Given the wide-ranging and deep impact of counterinsurgency, the participants in the "Future Defense Dilemmas" seminar conducted by The Brookings Institution and the Strategic Studies Institute, U.S. Army War College, explored two key questions: (1) Is the United States pursuing and executing the right strategy? And (2) Does the military’s focus on counterinsurgency detract from other defense and security needs?